Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fizzled Festivals...

HOOTIN' AND HOLLERIN' '09!  WOOOOOHOOOO.
(Saturday-day, anyway.)


Lick Creek Bridge, J Hwy, 9/19/09
reproduced with express consent under the first-cousin has rights to all photos clause
thanks, Alica!


I had meant this post to be full of sunny photos of funnel cakes, pictures of kids on bouncy rides, wooden toys, old-time costumes, bluegrass bands, and family folks; however, nature did not cooperate.  

Friday was great - we got to see everyone, the weather was perfect; and me in my infinite wisdom decided to save the camera-lugging for Saturday.  Better lighting, I told myself.  Don't ever take me to Vegas, man.  It's something. One could almost call it a gift. If one were trying to be very, very facetious. 


This shot is a picture looking out across the lawn of Alic & Chris' house (aka "The Mome Home").  This post, as some will inevitably be, is for those in the know of Ozark Co., J Hwy, & Lick Creek Bridge.  For the unfamiliar, let me just say - this is unbelievable amounts of water... 

And thanks Alic for letting me steal these! 


Meanwhile, on the other side of the road. It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and we were headed home.  
It was dark.
And stormy.


And this was as close as I got you to Hootin' and Hollerin' this year. 
But I TOLD you I'd get photos! 

Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love what you see when you walk out your front door.