Thursday, September 10, 2009

Enticing Economical CHEAP EATS!!! A new cOzyOzarks feature?


I was thinking today how much budget cooking I've been doing lately.
 Our family used to so easily fall into the routine of, What sounds really good?  What's the fastest?  What's the easiest?  What do you want on your pizza, yeah, and an order of breadsticks, okay.

Well, dire straits (single income nowadays) have demanded I try to pick up a little slack in the outgoing funds department. I started with some internet research, and whilst carefully picking my way through some really scary nuclear survivalist sites peppered with some even scarier fundamentalist religion sites (although both groups did have some pretty good recipes), I finally have amassed a couple weeks worth of pretty decent eats.  

One really rough week, we (big-eating family of three) literally had a total weekly bill of $45.  For us, that's good.  Three meals a day, not counting spices and maybe a couple staples we had, milk, eggs, bacon, bread, etc.  Not saying that week was GOOD EATS! but they was CHEAP EATS!

But, seriously, what we have found is that just a few of these budget-friendly standbys shuffled into your recipe cards, and you've got a little extra dough now and again.  I couldn't think of a less-painful way to save money: cheap AND good? Okay. Hit me.

So, tomorrow I'll be posting our first "Cheap EATS!!!", a good ole Cajun standby, Red Beans & Rice.  Man what those Cajuns can do with cheap food is mind-boggling.  And we're grateful, very grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love what you see when you walk out your front door.