Friday, September 11, 2009

EATS!, CHEAP EATS!!! Cajun Boiled Rice. Trust me.



or...Cajun Bwahyled Rice. Actually.

This is a recipe I saw Justin Wilson make on like, PBS, or something YEARS ago.  I haven't had even a wisp of a desire to measure out the ingredients.  I'm superstitious like that.  But I've NEVER had this recipe not turn out.  I garontee.  

And I still have a crush on Justin Wilson.  I garontee.


Cajun Boiled Rice

long grain white rice
water
2 t salt

Place as much rice as you need in a heavy pan. Cover with water until, when your fingertip just touches the top of the rice, the water is middle-joint of the middle finger-deep above the rice. I friggin' love this guy!

Add salt to taste, about 2 teaspoons. Place over hottest flame, bring to a rapid boil, UNCOVERED. Boil in this fashion until you can't see water bubbling in the holes that will appear in the surface. It looks like it will boil over, it won't, or maybe just a tiny bit.  Trust the man.

Then, turn heat to simmer, and with LID ON simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Do NOT peek until you're ready to serve. Set aside to rest 5 minutes, then fork to fluff lightly (this rice WILL mush easily) and serve.


I garontee.  

No. 

No, I won't ever stop saying that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love what you see when you walk out your front door.