Saturday, April 18, 2009

A "Country Lawn"




Dang'd old blackberry [top].  I CANNOT get rid of that thing.  So, um, this is what they call a "country lawn".  Hee.  But you know what?  I've got a lot more interesting things to do when it comes to gardening than to try to rake every leaf, dig up every weed, and make sure every blade o' grass matches.  I love naturalization, "volunteers" (when flowers spread, seemingly of their own accord), and sometimes, I even think weeds are pretty. Young, tender dandelion leaves are EXCELLENT in salads, by the way... Learn somethin' new every day.

I'm going to take a different approach to a veggie garden this year, and hope the deer and rabbits don't eat us outta' house and home.  But my herb garden?  I LOVE L-O-V-E herbs, and herb gardens.  Those even I can grow.  Except French tarragon, the little monster. I'll be heading to the Bakersfield hippie and attempting again this year, though.  (Can't grow 'em from seed, and that hippie grows it like a weed... Hmm.)  Be posting more on the herbs later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love what you see when you walk out your front door.